In our discussion today, we are going to take a look at how to create an opt-in box or opt-in form for your WordPress blog. In this discussion we will take a look at how to do this if you are using a Get Response Autoresponder.
1. Select the Contacts tab. Next click on the Create Web Form.
2. Make sure you name the form. Next click the Inline Form radio button and then select Advanced Options.
3. So that your optin email leads stay on the website, send your confirmation url to a “Thank you” page that you have created on your blog.
4. Shorten the URL for your “Thank You” page in bitly or a different shortening url program.
5. Click on the Next step after deselecting the “Powered by” logo.
6. On the next page you will see the optin box. We will modify the look of the optin box so that the it is more appealing to the eye.
7. If an orange submit button matches the design of your blog, our recommendation is that you change the Web Form Template to the Brown Box template. Then click on Next Step that will take you to the next page.
8. This page will show you the code to put a form on your blog. You can copy raw HTML version into a Notepad document.
9. Go to your blog and select Widgets.
10. Select a Text widget and drag it over to the top of your Sidebar box.
11. You can either add a title here or you can add a title to an image if you are uploading an image.
12. Copy the code that you saved to a Notepad document and then click save. This is the code that you got from Get Response.
13. If you want to add an image, select the desired image and click edit. The file url will display the HTML code for your image. Go ahead and copy this code.
14. Open the text widget. Above the existing code, you will add your image code. Here is an example. An example is <div align=”center”><img src=”PLACE THE IMAGE CODE HERE” width=”ENTER THE WIDTH OF THE IMAGE”/>.
These are the instructions for adding an optin box using the Get Response Autoresponder.